Award Winning Law Firm
By putting our people at the heart of our corporate purpose, Harmers continues to be a model people management organisation, as well as one of Australia’s leading service providers in the area of HR and workplace relations. Harmers has attracted significant recognition for both legal excellence and people management practices, winning the following awards:
- 2017 Lawyers Weekly Australian Law Awards – Harmers awarded Workplace Relations & Employment Team of the Year (please click here to read the media release);
- 2017, 2016 & 2015 Australasian Law Awards – Harmers awarded Employment Law Specialist Firm of the Year;
- 2017, 2016 & 2014 CorporateINTL Magazine Global Award – Harmers awarded Employment Litigation Law Firm of the Year in Australia; and previously, the Clients’ Choice winner for Employment Law Firm of the Year in Australia (CorporateINTL Global Awards are a mark of practice excellence for the world’s leading advisors and financiers in an array of countries and continents across the globe);
- 2017 Global Leading Lawyers – Employment & Industrial Law Firm of the Year;
- 2016 – 2012 Legal Media Group Euromoney Australasian Women in Business Law Awards – Harmers was a 2016 finalist in the Best national firm for work-life balance; Best gender diversity initiative by national firm; Best firm for pro bono work; Best national firm for talent management; and Best national firm for women in business law and previously, awarded the Best Firm for Work-Life Balance in 2014; and Best Firm in Sydney for Women in Business Law 2012 & 2013;
- 2015 – 2013 ACQ Global Awards – Harmers awarded Employment Litigation Law Firm of the Year – Australia 2015, Employment Law Firm of the Year – Australia 2014, and Australia – Industrial Law Specialist of the Year 2013;
- 2013 – 2006 ALB Australasian Law Awards – Harmers awarded Employment Specialist Law Firm of the Year for seven years (2006 to 2011, and 2013); was a finalist in the Employment Specialist Firm of the Year and Corporate Citizen award categories for 2012; and a finalist in the CSR Firm of the Year and Corporate Citizen Firm of the Year award categories for 2011. [Please note: 2013 was the last year in which the ALB Australasian Law Awards were published].
- 2011 Global Law Experts Practice Area Awards: Harmers Workplace Lawyers was the winner of the “2011 Australian – Labour & Employment Law Firm of the Year” Award (short listed firms were judged on client testimonials, key cases from the past 12 months, legal rankings, overall reputation, publication contribution, speaking engagements and the performance and standing of the team’s individual lawyers);
- 2007-2002 Work/Life Initiative in Australian Industry – Harmers ranked in the Top 25 Best Practice Organisations across Australia in Managing Work Life Balance for six consecutive years, and certified in 2008 as a Flexibility Accredited Employer Silver Rating issued by Managing Work Life Balance International [*Please note: this award ceased being published in Australia in 2008);
- 2004 Australian Human Resources Institute Award for Excellence in People Management – awarded to Harmers in the NSW Private sector – small enterprise category;
- 2004 ACCI/BCA National Work and Family Awards – Harmers was a finalist in the Medium Business category;
- 2003 Workplace Excellence Award – awarded for Enterprise with less than 100 employees by the Victorian Government; and finalist in the Better Work and Family Balance category;
- 2003 Australian Law Awards – Harmers ranked in the top 5 legal firms in Australia for legal excellence in Employment Law;
- 2002 Employer of Choice Awards – awarded to Harmers from the Queensland Law Society, based on national employment practices;
- Australian Institute of Management Award – Harmers awarded for Innovative Contribution to HR Management in the Legal Profession; and
- Asia Pacific Legal 500 Survey – Harmers achieved a first-tier ranking in its second year of operation.
L&E GLOBAL – AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- L&E Global won The Lawyer European Awards 2016 for “Global Network of the Year”; and affiliated member in China, Zhong Lun Law Firm, was awarded The Lawyer European Awards 2016 for “Law firm of the year: Asia”.
- Chambers Global ranked L&E Global in the Band 1 Global – Wide Employment Law Network category for 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014 & 2013.
- The Financial Times commended L&E Global as an Innovator in Growth and Business in the prestigious FT Innovative Lawyers Report 2015, an Innovator for International Strategy in 2013 and Legal Industry Pioneer in the 2012 report.
- L&E Global was named a finalist for Best Leadership of Innovation, Best Managed International Firm, Best Provision of Know-How, Best Thought Leadership and Best Strategic Leadership for the MPF Awards for Management Excellence 2015 by the UK based Managing Partners Forum. L&E Global was previously a finalist for Best Emerging Firm for the MPF Awards For Management Excellence 2013.
- L&E Global was recognised by PLC Which Lawyer? Super League report on international employment law and employee benefits.
- Chambers Global named L&E Global a Leading Employment Law Network in the Chambers Global 2012 Spotlight Table on Legal Networks.
- L&E Global was the headline sponsor of the IBA Employment and Discrimination Law Conferences in 2017, 2016, 2014, 2013, 2012 & 2011.
- The Lawyers World Awards 2013 honoured L&E Global with the award of Cross-Border Law Firm of the Year – Belgium.